Hospice New Zealand Palliative Care for Care Assistants Training Programme
This workshop is delivered over two mornings and consist of six sessions, which are endorsed by Hospice New Zealand. This education package has been designed to provide Health Care Assistants and Home Based Support Workers with the key principles, practical knowledge, and skills of palliative care, enabling them to provide excellent palliative care to those they care for.
- Principals of palliative care
- Caring for the resident in pain
- Understanding other common symptoms
- Communicating with and supporting the dying resident, and their family & whanau
- Caring for the dying resident in the last days of life
- Understanding loss and grief
Attendance certificates are issued on completion of the series.
Programme Dates for 2020:
Session 1 of 2 Thursday 13 August 2020 9.00 am – 1.00 pm
Session 2 of 2 Thursday 20 August 2020 9.00 am – 1.00 pm
Izard Hospice House
29 Huka Falls Road
Bookings are essential.
Please complete the below on-line registration form by the 6 August 2020.
If you have any questions regarding Hospice New Zealand Palliative Care for Care Assistants training, please phone Michelle Edlin on 07 377 4252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.