Hospice New Zealand Palliative Care for Care Assistants Training Programme
These sessions are delivered over two mornings and consist of six sessions, which are endorsed by Hospice New Zealand. This education package has been designed to provide Health Care Assistants with key principles, practical knowledge, and skills of palliative care.
- Principals of palliative care
- Caring for the resident in pain
- Understanding other common symptoms
- Communicating with and supporting the dying resident, and their family & whanau
- Caring for the dying resident in the last days of life
- Understanding loss and grief
Attendance certificates are issued on completion of the series.
Programme Dates for 2017:
Thursday February 9th & 23rd 12:30 – 4:30pm
Izard Hospice House
29 Huka Falls Road
Bookings are essential.
Please complete the below on-line registration form by the 8th February.
If you have any questions regarding Hospice New Zealand Palliative Care for Care Assistants training, please phone Janine Colpman-King on 3774252 or email Janine@laketaupohospice.co.nz to discuss.