Hospice New Zealand Palliative Care for Care Assistants Training Programme
This workshop is delivered over two afternoons and consist of six sessions, which are endorsed by Hospice New Zealand. This education package has been designed to provide Health Care Assistants and Home Based Support Workers with the key principles, practical knowledge, and skills of palliative care, enabling them to provide excellent palliative care to those they care for.
- Principals of palliative care
- Caring for the resident in pain
- Understanding other common symptoms
- Communicating with and supporting the dying resident, and their family & whanau
- Caring for the dying resident in the last days of life
- Understanding loss and grief
Attendance certificates are issued on completion of the series.
Programme Dates for 2018:
Wednesday & Thursday 19 & 20 September 2018 12:30 – 4:30pm
Izard Hospice House
29 Huka Falls Road
Bookings are essential.
Please complete the below on-line registration form by the 11th September 2018.
If you have any questions regarding Hospice New Zealand Palliative Care for Care Assistants training, please phone Tilly on 3774252 or email email@example.com to discuss.