Here are our current vacancies
General Manager – Lake Taupo Hospice
- Broad role with high visibility
- Taupo / Turangi region
This is a rare opportunity to lead a highly visible organisation providing quality services throughout the Taupo/ Turangi region.
The Lake Taupo Hospice Trust is a specialist Palliative Service Provider providing community nursing based on caring for people in their homes. In addition, the Trust provides support services including a Tuesday Club; relaxation therapies; life biography writing; advice that spans the patient and their family/whanau. The Trust is funded through contracts with the Lakes DHB; hospice shops in the region; community fundraising and bequests.
This role has overall responsibility and accountability for the performance of the Lake Taupo Hospice Trust; an organisation with 24 clinical and support service employees and over 300 volunteers.
In this position, you’ll lead a dedicated management team; heading up the functions of fundraising and promotions, volunteer development, clinical services, retail stores, and finance. The key focus is continuing to grow services and support to those and their families in palliative care within the region.
Reporting directly to the Chairman of the Lake Taupo Trust, the General Manager will be a visionary leader who ensures the Trust continues to be at the forefront of delivering quality support, education, information and clinical services.
The role involves a high degree of collaboration and stakeholder management including implementing and monitoring the Board’s strategic Plan, Annual and Service Plans to ensure service provision, contractual obligations and financial targets are met.
To be successful in this role, we are seeking suitably qualified candidates with:
- A demonstrated ability to lead and motivate people at all levels;
- Proven experience in the leadership and management of a service oriented organisation
- Well-developed communication skills and the ability to inspire and effect change through both written and verbal channels
- A track record in and a desire to nurture a supportive collegial culture with a focus on service excellence
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategic alliances and relationships at a senior level
- A relevant tertiary qualification and ideally some exposure to the not-for-profit and /or health sectors.
- Ability to engage the community including iwi to support and work collaboratively with the Trust
- A genuine desire to make a difference to the lives of those and their families / whanau that seek the Trust’s support
With values that align to the Trust’s values, you will recognise the contribution of all functions and employees across the organisation.
We offer a supportive team working environment and an opportunity to make a visible difference to people allowing them to “live every moment”.
If you wish to learn more about this role please contact our HR partner, Sandra Diekerhof from HR Connect on 027 52 666 99 or email: email@example.com.
Why not consider becoming a hospice volunteer?
There is something for everyone! Check out our volunteer opportunities here